Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beginnings

This is a new experience for me...I love journals. I love pens, beautiful fountain pens....I love paper...especially parchment paper. So here I go, sharing my thoughts with type and click....

My latest reading has been of C.S. Lewis's space trilogy. The first book in that series is Out of the Silent Planet. Connecting with Lewis's detailed descriptions stretches my mind. I literally try to picture what he sees, but I have to stop and think about it. When I do, I am creating paintings of unusual and incredible beauty. He causes one to stop and think about LIFE. He deals with questions that some have been passed off...he deals with the eternal struggle of good vs. evil.The characters are very real. In Book 2, Perelendra,the main character, Ransom, is in a war...he is fighting the Un-man, who is filling Ransom's mind with fear, doubt, darkness, anxiety. Don't we fight the same war? Moving forward towards success I am assailed by darkness. So I have found some answers here.
I have to move forward. I have to go on. As Ransom came to see, I have to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment